To assist the Isolation Coordinator in all areas of his responsibility by providing an efficient, high quality and professional coordination to ensure effective delivery of isolation duties.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertake isolation duties as required to meet the business unit needs.
- Support the Isolation Coordinator with the planning and implementation of isolations as required.
- Support the SWGR On-Call process for the business.
- Attend worksites to carry out safety audits on behalf on SWGR and Network Rail when required.
- Assist with other duties, where competent, within the possession or worksite as required.
- Comply with all relevant legislation and railway rules.
- Mentor new and less experienced staff.
- Carry out site visits and protection checks.
- When required, receive and re-distribute work packs.
- Carry out additional duties deemed to be within your capability as directed by management.
Knowledge, Experience and Education Requirements
- In-depth railway knowledge and isolation and possession requirements.
- PTS, COSS, PS/IWA essential
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to remain calm in difficult / stressful situations
- Full UK driving licence