We are looking for a part-time embroidery/ heat press operator to join our team based in Glasgow.
· Operate embroidery machines and heat presses in an efficient and competent manner to produce high quality branded corporate workwear, PPE, and corporate logos.
· Process all orders and check job sheet information with regards to logos, placement, sizes and pick correct garments from stock to be embroidered/Heat Pressed.
· Responsible for programming and setting up machines, timings, temperatures, templates, and correct colours at each needle and producing sample prior to processing the entire order.
· Perform quality control, organise, and collate all completed customer orders and ensure that all goods and products are suitably bagged, packaged and ready for despatch.
· Maintain a neat and clean work area and learn to maintain the machine such as the replacement of needles and cleaning and oiling in line with manufacturers requirements.
· Manage procurement of embroidery threads, vinyl, consumables checking and accepting deliveries of stock ensuring that everything ordered is present and accounted for.
· Organise embroidery/heat press inventory so it is easily accessible and stored in a safe manner and be conversant with inventory management and stock counting.
· Assist in stock management duties and cover shop and sales duties as and when required and perform general housekeeping duties.
· Co-operate with SWGR in compliance with H&S legislation.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested commensurate with your skills, knowledge, and ability in the interests of the business.
· Demonstrable experience as an embroidery/ heat press machine operator.
· Enthusiastic team player willing to undertake other reasonable duties as part of the team.
· Excellent attention to detail and accepts personal responsibility for the quality of their work.
· Proactive, confident, and willing to work using own initiative to overcome issues.
· Ability to prioritise workloads in line with the requirements of the business.
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
Hours of work:
· Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-3:45pm.