To act as the business head of SIS in the leading of the safe, efficient, effective and customer friendly PPE and other supplies business which has culture of continuous growth and improvement. To add value to the profit and loss of the business by maximising all sales and minimising costs.
To lead in the development of internet/web/social media sales in SIS and all other parts the SWGR Group and to promote, evaluate and introduce digitalisation where any business case is approved.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Lead in the delivery of an increase in SIS sales for traditional and web-based sales
- Lead in developing wed-based sales for other part of the SWGR Group
- Lead in exploring digitisation within SWGR
- Lead the SIS Team in all aspects of safety, quality, productivity, costs, customer satisfaction and sales growth.
- Lead in the undertaking of regular pricing reviews where proposal on a consistent pricing strategies are presented and approved
- Prepare detailed sales budgets and strategies to generate the continuous sales growth at agreed margins required to achieve or ideally exceed all SIS targets.
- Lead in supporting the growth of new business and revenue streams through supplier and market research to help identify new product ranges and new potential customer bases.
- Support the growth of new business and revenue streams by identifying new prospects, making contact and taking all appropriate follow-up action to secure new account customers.
- Deploy stock management, procurement and controls to ensure that all stock levels are balanced to deliver the required levels of service but stay within budget by ensuring that best BIP is achieved.
- Lead in maintaining accurate and up to date stock records and responsible for ensuring that all movements of all goods in and out are recorded and all relevant paperwork is respectively received or raised.
- Manage and arrange regular stock counts and annual stock takes to ensure the accuracy and security of stock and set re-order levels and order quantities and investigate all stock discrepancies.
- Ensure that all received orders are picked, packed and despatched in line with company and customer expectations and ensure that all packing, shipping and delivery costs are controlled.
- Ensure that the company van is kept in a safe, clean and roadworthy condition
- Lead in the management and control of the driver ensuring all SWGR policies are adhered
- Responsible for Sales invoicing to ensure that accurate sales invoices are raised for all the goods leaving the warehouse.
- Responsible for Purchase invoicing and to ensure that all invoices are accurate in terms of:
- Description of goods charged against goods received.
- Quantity of goods charged against goods received.
- Price of goods charged against order price.
- Responsible for Credit control and to ensure that:
- Goods are only supplied to credit worthy clients.
- Clients pay on time.
- Overdue accounts are placed on “stop”
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested commensurate with your skills, knowledge and ability in the interests of the business.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Co-operate with SWGR in compliance with H&S and environmental legislation.
- Comply with SWGR policy and procedures at all times.
- Promote and communicate SWGR policy and procedures to all personnel.
- Seek advice and guidance from the Company SQE team.
- Report complaints about health and safety and report these to SQE/Client.
- Monitor safety performance of site staff and promote improvements where appropriate.
- Report to management on safety performance of site staff.
- Liaise with client site supervision and receive safe system of work information from them.
- Lead in investigations as and when required
Knowledge, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum qualification is a Bachelor’s degree or a minimum or ten years progressive retail leadership experience.
- Specialised training in retail management, retail buying and merchandising, stock control and inventory management, organisational planning, supply chain and risk management.
- Maintain an active CPD approach to Retail and Supply Chain Management approaches