To act as the controlling mind when dealing with out of office hours operational and workforce matters. The Mobile Control Manager will also be required to take the lead with client liaison and escalation within SWGR’s control structure. SWGR Mobile Control Manager will also be equipped with industry leading data and technology to aid proactive staff engagement on sites.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To carry out on site compliance and safety tours on a nightly basis
- To manage the rota the supply of weekend on-call staff.
- Develop an in depth understanding of all client companies and projects.
- Build strong influencing relations with clients on site representatives/control/on call.
- To report any serious issues to your line manager as soon as possible after it is reported and liaise and manage the situation with your line manager.
- To attend sites were an incident has occurred involving SWGR staff and co-operate and liaise with clients on site representatives /control/on call.
- Ensure accurate incident/witness statements are recorded for all SWGR personnel involved and any other third parties as and when applicable.
- To support line management in investigating all site issues or accidents.
- To carry out on site client visits and safety checks on a nightly basis
- To use your best endeavours to backfill any jobs due to no-shows
- Attend and participate in training and briefings as required.
- Carry out regular toolbox talks and briefings as instructed by line management
- To compile a weekly report for line management detailing all issues managed and the actions taken to resolve.
Knowledge, Experience and Education Requirements
- Current valid PICOP Competence held essential
- Hold Nominated Person/authorised person or working towards isolation competences
- Previous supervisory/people management experience essential
- Strong communication skills
- Digital/IT skills
- Ability to collate data and produce reports
Full time role with rotational week on week off roster with overtime potential.
Competitive salary with van and fuel card
Candidate must be willing to undertake further training and development as part of the role.