SWGR are looking to strengthen our management team by introducing a Fleet and Facilities Manager. Based in our Glasgow office this role will liaise with both internal departments and external suppliers to ensure our fleet and facilities functions are delivered in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Lead and develop the fleet function and deliver a robust service, driving efficiency gains and achieving value for money across the business.
- Manage the procurement supplier process for the company by building strong working relationships and partnerships both internally and with key suppliers.
- Proactive sourcing, leasing and purchasing of goods, vehicles and services for the company according to the requirements and within budget for each department.
- Ensure the adequate and cost effective supply of all goods, vehicles and services by continuously monitoring, evaluating and improving supplier performance.
- Regularly contacting suppliers to renegotiate prices and develop sourcing strategies for alternative suppliers to ensure the company gets best quality, price and terms.
- Ensure adequate monitoring systems and records are maintained and report in a timely manner any issues or problems arising from any procurement contract.
- Manage and ensure adequate monitoring systems and records are maintained for the company fuel, vehicle and mobile phone use/spend and produce a weekly report for the finance department.
- Ensure that all internal processes and documentation are maintained in compliance with all relevant internal and external audit requirements.
- Implement in conjunction with the HR department the Company Grievance and Disciplinary procedures to ensure these are applied fairly and effectively.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested commensurate with your skills, knowledge and ability in the interests of the business.
Knowledge, Experience and Education Requirements:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field or extensive experience in a similar role
- Specialised training in business management, procurement, logistics, organisational planning, contract management, supply chain management, inventory and risk management.
- Maintain active affiliation with appropriate Purchasing and Supply Chain Management networks and organisations within the wider supply chain community.