A First Tier rail contractor is opening new offices in Glasgow and is looking for a high calibre of staff to enhance its Senior Management Team. The SWGR team is helping in this request.
As Bid Manager, you would be required to:
To lead the work winning process by ensuring the delivery of professional quality bids to maximise the number of opportunities within our chosen market sector. This post requires the ability to close contracts by successfully negotiating with clients.
Manage the development and production of tenders to ensure optimum maximisation of the likelihood of securing the works within a commercial framework which is acceptable to the company, all in accordance with the Pre-Contract Manual and any other relevant corporate standards/procedures, etc.
This includes but is not limited to the following:-
- Establish, monitor and manage a programme for the tender activity.
- Allocate all deliverables to named individuals and monitor/manage to ensure tender programme is maintained.
- Act as main point of contact for client body during tender process.
- Provide updates/status reports/other information as required to inform corporate requirements during the tender preparation.
- Elevate any issues as necessary to senior management.
- Lead the tender settlement process.
- Co-ordinate preparation of tender submission documentation ensuring compliance with client and requirements.
- Lead post tender contact with client body.
- Ensure subsequent correspondence/revised submissions are subject to the necessary corporate approvals.
- Lead the tender handover process.
Contribute to tender strategy development:-
- Identification of winning bid themes.
- Development of alternative/innovative solutions.
Contribute to the strategic development of the department including:-
- Attending bid pipeline meets where necessary, contributing to bid/no bid decisions.
- Periodic review of the Pre-Contract Manual including suggestions for changes/additions.
- Taking part in audits as required.
- Management of direct reports including training and development plans
- Proposals for changes to term structure/approach to tendering activity
- Lead production of/input into production of PQQ responses etc where required.
Engineering or Project Management experience
IT Skills / Presentation training
Full driving licence